Commercial and residential customers in Gresham, Oregon know the importance of hiring a good sealcoating company to treat their asphalt for them. By investing in the services provided by a professional, they are able to protect their driveway or parking lot from everyday wear and tear as well as damage caused by salts, oils, and gasoline.
By learning about the advantages, you’re able to rationalize the necessity of investing in professional services. You’re able to see how it helps your commercial or residential property look its best for years. You know right away why it’s the right option for your driveway or parking lot without question.
The Advantages of Sealcoating Asphalt
There are multiple advantages that come with sealcoating. In fact, knowing what they are helps confirm the necessity of treating your asphalt driveway or parking lot professionally. It helps you see the value of professional sealcoating services.
The advantages of treating asphalt include:
- Extending the life of the material. Asphalt shows the signs of everyday wear and tear prominently when it hasn’t been sealcoated. The added layer of protection helps extend the lifespan of the asphalt which ultimately saves you time and money having it repaired or replaced. Think about how costly it is to repair broken pieces of driveway or parking lot. Isn’t it worth the time and effort to prevent damage from occurring to the asphalt you already invested in?
- Protecting the surface against water. Water can cause materials to buckle over time. Sealcoating the surface makes it water-resistant. It beads up and runs off the asphalt instead of soaking into it and damaging it. If you live anywhere that gets a substantial amount of rain, you’ll be glad that you invested in sealcoating for it’s waterproofing capabilities. A raised pieces of asphalt can also cause runoff to damage the foundation of your business or home because it doesn’t provide additional protection against water.
- Protecting against weathering. If you live or own a business in an area of the country with unpredictable weather conditions, you could lose your asphalt quickly due to excess rain, sleet, snow, and even heat. Thanks to sealcoating, you don’t need to worry about it as much. The asphalt can withstand a lot of abuse and still look as good as new. Protecting against extreme weather conditions is advantageous because of the black color of asphalt. It absorbs a lot of heat and can become very hot with the sun beating down on it.
- Protecting against salts, oils, and gasoline. These substances take a toll on untreated asphalt quickly. When you salt your driveway or parking lot after a heavy snowfall, it can damage the surface. So can automobile substances such as oils and gasoline. Sealcoating prevents salts, oils, and gasoline from penetrating the surface and causing it to look dirty, worn, and unusable. You’ll give the driveway or parking lot an instant facelift.
- Beautifying the surface. Sealcoated asphalt looks finished. It has undeniable appeal. It looks great and does what it can to protect your driveway or parking lot from cracks, breaks, and stains. It adds to the overall look of the property by appearing new even when it is years old. Your neighbors won’t complain about how the asphalt looks or how it devalues their own property.
- Increasing the value of the property by enhancing its curb appeal. People want less work to do themselves. Since you already paid for professional services, all they’ll need to do if they buy your property is keep up with the maintenance schedule. They’re not arriving to your commercial or residential place and seeing years of wear and tear to the asphalt, either. They know that these things cause a property’s value to go down. That’s why they’re glad that you took the time to take care of treating the asphalt with care.
There are many reasons why you want to sealcoat asphalt. Not only does it protect it, it also keeps it looking its best for years. If you want to keep the value of your property high, consider what sealcoating services can do to help you with your goal. It’s an investment that pays off quickly over a short duration of time.
When you weigh the pros and cons of spending money on it, you’re able to see what type of return you’ll get on your investment. Even though there is an initial cost of having the service performed, it pays off quickly and gives you a high return on investment. If you were to sell your property at a later date, it’s one less things you’ll be asked to pay for before closing on your commercial building or residence.
Request a Free Estimate Today from Black Diamond Asphalt Sealcoating in Gresham
Contact Black Diamond Sealcoating with your questions and to learn more about the process. Doing so enables you to make an informed decision about your driveway or parking lot. You’ll know the advantages and know why it’s essential for the asphalt you have on your property.
Having asphalt coated has a number of benefits as mentioned above. You’ll be able to take care of it easier, know that it withstands all types of weather conditions and that it won’t buckle or break when water hits it. It looks good year-round and helps sell other people on the beauty of your business or home.
Black Diamond Sealcoating Gresham Oregon
4850 SW 11th St. #202
Gresham, OR 97080
Be sure to also ask us about our parking lot striping services for commercial projects in Oregon and Washington.